Hope you are doing well. I don't even know who reads this anymore, and I feel terrible about not updating. It's been a rough 2013... maybe 13 really is a bad luck number! I'm going to hope that 2014 brings us happiness, financial stability, and comfort.
My New Year's Resolution post will be up in a day or two, but I thought I would summarize 2013, since I didn't blog as much. (Sorry!) As I said, it's been a tough year, but that's no excuse. Anyway, Josh, Jacob and I still had a lot of fun in 2013, and I should count my blessings.
Just as a mini update:
- Jacob took swim lessons at the YMCA thanks to Josh's parents. I wouldn't say he can swim, quite yet, but he's really good at floating and kicking with a kickboard now. One more session and I think he will be able to swim.
- Our neighborhood has what looks like a block party during Halloween, and Jacob had fun as the Red Power Ranger.
- We lost baby #3 as a miscarriage in December and named him Jaime. (To my family and friends who are just finding out from this blog - sorry if this is how you are finding out, but no one really knew that I was 14 weeks pregnant.) - Don't worry, we are all okay.
- We got a new addition to the family... a puppy named Lilo! Jacob named her. At first he wanted her name to be Stephanie, but we explained that we have an Aunty Stephanie so that wouldn't work. Then, he wanted to name her Stitch, but he realized Stitch was a boy, so he finally decided on Lilo. She's a tiny puppy that we got from the Humane Society, and we love her. In case you are wondering and have been keeping up with our family situation, Jacob is no longer allergic to puppy saliva. Phew!
- Jacob has a new cousin, which brings the grandkid count in our family to 3! Baby K is still tiny, and it'll definitely be fun to watch him grow.
Here's a picture-summary of the later half of 2013. I look forward to blogging way more often in 2014 and re-connecting with you all.
|Jacob took swim lessons and can now float on his own.|
|He was a Power Ranger for Halloween.|
|Happy Holidays 2013.|
|We got a puppy for Christmas!|
|Jacob has a little cousin - Baby K!|